Terms and Conditions/Policies
When you visit any website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalised web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Click on the different category headings to find out more and change our default settings. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we can offer.
1. Information We Collect
We collect Personal Data and other information as part of our general business operations, to provide you with services, respond to requests and offer customer support, fulfil legal and contractual obligations and to improve our products and services. When we use the term “Personal Data” we mean information that can help us directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, or other online identifiers.
Information provided by you
We collect Personal Data and other information when you directly provide it to us. For example, we collect Personal Data when you make a purchase, use or register our products and services, take part in marketing campaigns, participate in product testing, apply for employment and contact our customer support. Depending on how you interact with us, you may provide us with Personal Data, including the following:
- Contact Information. Information including your name and street address. We might also collect your phone number or email.
- Identifiers and Similar Information. Your first and last name, personal email address, business email address, postal address, date of birth, phone number, online identifiers, or other similar identifiers.
- Characteristics Information. We may collect certain demographic information including your gender and age. As part of the job application process, we may collect information such as ethnicity, race, gender, disability, and veteran status.
- Payment Information. Information includes your name, payment card, billing address, and shipping details.
- Product or Commercial Information. Records of products or services purchases, obtained or considered, or other purchasing histories or tendencies, including the types of products purchased, date of purchase, or other product identifying information.
- Responses to Surveys and Promotional Events. Responses to questions and interactions with us on social media, at competitions, at events, or through surveys that we provide to you.
- Correspondence and Communications. Records of information provided by you when you contact us directly, apply for a job, respond to a survey, or interact with us on social media. This includes audio, visual and electronic information, for example, recordings of calls with our customer support service.
- Job Applicant Information. Professional or employment-related information including your occupation, employer, title, education, certifications, language skills, and memberships.
- Geolocation Information. Information about your location or the location of your device.
- Inferences Drawn from Other Information. We draw inferences based on the above information to create a profile reflecting your preferences or characteristics.
Information We Automatically Collect
2. How We Collect Information
We collect some Personal Data directly when it is provided by you or your representative. Other information may be collected automatically when you visit our Website or indirectly from other sources such as our service providers and vendors, software applications, and at our stores or in-person events. Where required by applicable law we will not collect your Data without your consent.
Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect Personal Data through sources such as:
- Directly From You. When you interact with us directly in the following ways we will collect Personal Data and other information about you. For example, we will collect information when you: (i) purchase a product; (ii) register for a promotion; (iii) apply for a job; (iv) submit a recipe review; (v) use the “Submit an Idea” function; (vi) download a corporate report; (vii) sign up to receive communications from us, including newsletters or financial reports; and (viii) contact us directly.
- We Combine Information We Have Collected From You. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from third parties with information we already have.
3. How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for purposes associated with the growth, maintenance, and management of our business. Depending on how you interact with us we may use your Data and other information for several purposes, including the following:
- Perform Services for Customers. This includes maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, and processing customer requests.
- Business Operations. This includes operating our Website, facilitating product purchases, accounting, auditing, billing, and collection activities.
- Respond to Your Requests or Questions. For example, we might use your information to register you for promotions at your request. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Marketing and Advertising. For example, we may send you information about new products and special offers through email if subscribed, postal mail, or other communication channels. We may also use your information to serve you online ads about products and offers or to tell you about new features and updates. They may include third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- Contractual Obligations. We may use our information in performing our contractual obligations to a customer or others and our protecting legal rights.
- Analyse Site Trends and Customer Interests. We may use your information to make website or product improvements. We may also combine information we get from you with information about you we have received from third parties.
- Security. We may use the information to protect our company and our customers, and websites. This includes detecting security incidents and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- To Communicate With You. For example, we will communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may contact you about your feedback or to tell you about changes to this Policy or our Website Terms. We may also tell you about issues with your orders.
- Process Job Applications. We process Personal Data as necessary to assess your application and contact you about employment.
- As Otherwise Permitted by Law or as We May Notify You. We will obtain your consent as required by law.
4. How We Share Information
- Third Parties Who Perform Services For Us or On Our Behalf. For example, we share information with vendors who operate our Websites, run promotions and send emails. We may authorise these vendors to collect information on our behalf and share certain information with their subcontractors, but only to the extent necessary for the vendors to perform services on our behalf. Our vendors may be located within or outside of India. You can contact us to learn more about how our service providers use your information.
- Business Partners. For example, we will share information with third parties who co-sponsor a promotion with us. We might also share information with a business partner who distributes our products. These partners may send you information about events and products by mail or email.
- Licensees. For example, sometimes we receive complaints or questions about Oriental Yeast India Pvt. Ltd. (OYI) licensed products. We may share information with the manufacturer of the licensed product in order for the Licensee to address the consumer’s questions or concerns.
- To Comply with the Law or to Protect Ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a sweepstake or promotion. Or we may share your information if you are the winner of sweepstakes or other contests with anyone who requests a winner’s list. We may share your information with the US government as required or permitted by law.
- With Your Consent or at Your Direction. We may disclose or share your Personal Data with other entities with your consent or when you have directed us to.
- Any Successor to all or Part of Our Business. For example, we may share your Personal Data, in connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, joint venture, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or in connection with the transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company.
5. Rights and Choices About How We Use Your Information.
- Access and Correct Your Information. You can request access to the Personal Data that we hold about you and correct any information that is incomplete or wrong. You can make such a request by contacting us using the information in the below section, “How to Contact Us.” Please note that we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- You have Other Controls You Can Exercise. You can choose whether to share Personal Data with us. You can also withdraw your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Data at any time, where provided by applicable law, by contacting us using the information in the below section, “How to Contact Us”. If you choose not to share or withdraw your consent some parts of our sites and some services may be more difficult or impossible to use.
6. These Sites and Children
Our sites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children (including children under 13 in India).
7. How Long Do We Keep Your Information
We retain your information for business purposes and as long as reasonably necessary to provide you with our products and services. We will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a reasonable period of time.
8. How We Protect Your Information
We use commercially reasonable security measures, including physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your information from unauthorised access, use, modification, or deletion. The Internet is not 100% secure, though. We thus cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. We keep Personal Data as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy.
9. Where Do We Store Your Information
We are a global organisation and as such, information we maintain may be stored both within and outside of India. If you live outside of India, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to India. This site is subject to Indian laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country. While your Personal Data is in India, it is subject to Indian laws and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in India according to applicable laws.
10. Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
As described above in, “Information We Collect From and About You,” we process Personal Data. Our lawful bases for processing that Personal Data are:
- Performance of a Contract. We may collect and use certain Personal Data to provide you with the products and services that you request. This includes Personal Data used to provide you with products and related services and related transaction information.
- Legitimate Interests. We collect and use Personal Data to the extent necessary for our legitimate interests. For example, this may include collecting and using data to prevent and detect fraud, provide customer support, and conduct market research.
- Fulfil Legal Obligations. We are subject to various legal requirements in the jurisdictions that we operate that require us to collect, process, disclose and retain your Personal Data to comply with those laws. We may be required to retain your data for extended periods of time, and to provide copies of such data to law enforcement, governmental or other regulatory authorities, or third parties.
Your Rights about Your Personal Data
Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 provides you with certain rights related to the collection, processing, and transfer of your Personal Data, including:
- Rights of the individual: The Bill sets out certain rights of the individual (or data principal). These include the right to (i) obtain confirmation from the fiduciary on whether their personal data has been processed, (ii) seek correction of inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date personal data, (iii) have personal data transferred to any other data fiduciary in certain circumstances, and (iv) restrict continuing disclosure of their personal data by a fiduciary if it is no longer necessary or consent is withdrawn.
- Grounds for processing personal data: The Bill allows the processing of data by fiduciaries only if consent is provided by the individual. However, in certain circumstances, personal data can be processed without consent. These include: (i) if required by the State for providing benefits to the individual, (ii) legal proceedings, (iii) to respond to a medical emergency.
How to Exercise Your Rights Under the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019
You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the information below in the section, “How to Contact Us.” You may be asked to provide some proof of identification so that we can verify that it is you making the request.
11. We May Update This Policy
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will provide notice of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Website. Please check our site periodically for updates.